Owners Dave and Ester DeFehr in 2003 envisioned planting a vineyard and bringing the first winery to Iredell County.
After locating an ideal 52-acre pastoral setting the property was purchased in 2004.
The land was then manicured to enhance its natural features and four acres of vines were planted in 2005.
A modern, three-level “barn” was constructed to include a small winery.
we took our first harvest in 2006 and produced 500 cases of wine.
We doubled production to 1000 cases with the 2007 harvest.
And on September 3 we joyfully opened the doors of our rustic timber frame-style tasting room and art gallery to the public!
The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it,
can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.